Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My First Cake Decorating Class

May 4, 2008 was my first class of four in Wilton Cake Decorating.

Let me do things the "Kieta" way...
Information about class:
Location: JoAnns~Anchorage, AK
Time: 1-3pm
Length: 4 Weeks
Instructor: THE AWESOME, Miss Judy S.
Okay... so most who know me... know that on email, internet, IM and etc... I can be a CHATTER BOX! But when I am in a new enviroment I can be such a CLAM... (LOL)
Well, having someone you know as an instructor is WONDERFUL... I felt a little at ease... NOW to get to know the rest of my classmates...

BACK TO THE CLASS... Well... class 1 is a lecture but it went by so FAST... not like the military ones... so... Judy demonstrated how to make Buttercream Frosting and how to ice the cake... I loved the fact that she took her time and explained the differences of consinstency of the frosting...

For next week, we have to bring in a cake already iced. I will post pictures... I just do not know what kind of cake I want to make... something simple or torted... I have decided that I will make the rainbow cake that is in the book...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: